PhD, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY, USA
TEL & Mail：
03 - 2118800 # 5389
Instruction Courses :
Lab Website :
Journal Papers :
1. Weng CC, Huang SL, Chen ZA, Lin KJ, Hsiao IT, Yen TC, Kung MP, Wey SP, Hsu CH. [18F]FP-(+)-DTBZ PET study in a lactacystin-treated rat model of Parkinson disease. Ann Nucl Med. 2017 Apr 27. DOI: 10.1007/s12149-017-1174-3.
2. Kuo HC, Hsiao IT† (Contributed equally), Hsieh CJ, Huang CY, Huang KL, Wai YY, Chuang WL, Kung MP, Chu YC, Yen TC, Lin KJ, Huang CC. Dual-phase 18F-florbetapir positron emission tomography in patients with primary progressive aphasia, Alzheimer's disease, and healthy controls: A preliminary study. J Formos Med Assoc. 2017 Apr 20. pii: S0929-6646(17)30186-9.
3. Hsiao IT, Lin KJ, Huang KL, Huang CC, Chen HS, Wey SP, Yen TC, Okamura N, Hsu JL. Biodistribution and radiation dosimetry for the tau tracer 18F-THK-5351 in healthy human subjects. J Nucl Med. 2017 Mar 23. pii: jnumed.116.189126.
4. Li P, Hsiao IT†(Contributed equally), Liu CY, Chen CH, Huang SY, Yen TC, Wu KY, Lin KJ. Beta-amyloid deposition in patients with major depressive disorder with differing levels of treatment resistance: a pilot study. EJNMMI Res. 2017 Dec;7(1):24.
5. Weng CC, Chen ZA, Chao KT, Ee TW, Lin KJ, Chan MH, Hsiao IT, Yen TC, Kung MP, Hsu CH, Wey SP. Quantitative analysis of the therapeutic effect of magnolol on MPTP-induced mouse model of Parkinson's disease using in vivo 18F-9-fluoropropyl-(+)-dihydrotetrabenazine PET imaging. PLoS One. 2017 Mar 3;12(3):e0173503.
6. Huang HM, Hsiao IT*, Accelerating an Ordered-Subset Low-Dose X-Ray Cone Beam Computed Tomography Image Reconstruction with a Power Factor and Total Variation Minimization. PLoS One. 2016 Apr 13. 11(4):e0153421.
7. Lin KJ, Hsiao IT, Hsu JL, Huang CC, Huang KL, Hsieh CJ, Wey SP, Yen TC, Imaging characteristic of dual-phase (18)F-florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) PET for the concomitant detection of perfusion deficits and beta-amyloid deposition in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. 2016 Jul. 43(7):1304-14.
8. Huang YS, Liu FY, Lin CY, Hsiao IT, Guilleminault C. Brain imaging and cognition in young narcoleptic patients. Sleep Medicine. 2016 Aug. 24:137-144.
9. KY Wu, CY Liu, CS Chen, CH Chen, IT Hsiao, CJ Hsieh, CP Lee, TC Yen, KJ Lin. Beta-amyloid deposition and cognitive function in patients with major depressive disorder with different subtypes of mild cognitive impairment: F18-florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) PET study. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. 2016 Jun. 43(6):1067-76.
10. Weng YH, Chen CY, Lin KJ, Chen YL, Yeh TH, IT Hsiao, Chen IJ, Lu CS, Wang HL , (R1441C) LRRK2 induces the degeneration of SN dopaminergic neurons and alters the expression of genes regulating neuronal survival in a transgenic mouse model, Exp Neurol. 2015 Sep 9. pii: S0014-4886(15)30083-2.
11. CY Huang, CH Liu, E T, CJ Hsieh, YH Weng, IT Hsiao, TC Yen, KJ Lin, CC Huang, Chronic manganism: A long-term follow-up study with a new dopamine terminal biomarker of 18F-FP-(+)-DTBZ (18F-AV-133) brain PET scan. Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2015 Jun 15;353(1-2).
12. ST Yang , IT Hsiao, CJ Hsieh, YH Chiang, TC Yen, WT Chiu , KJ Lin, CJ Hu, Accumulation of amyloid in cognitive impairment after mild traumatic brain injury. Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2015 Feb 15 ;349(1-2):99-104.
13. CC Chang, IT Hsiao, SH Huang, CC Lui, TC Yen, WN Chang, CW Huang, CJ Hsieh, YY Chang, KJ Lin, 18F-FP-(+)-DTBZ positron emission tomography detection of monoaminergic deficient network in patients with carbon monoxide related parkinsonism. European journal of neurology. 2015 May;22(5):845-e60.
14. PC Huang, HH Hsieh, CH Hsu, IT Hsiao*, An efficient sensitivity calculation of tilted apertures for preclinical multi-pinhole SPECT. Biomedical Engineering: Applications, Basis and Communications. Vol. 27, No. 1 (2015) 1550006.
15. YJ Tsai, HM Huang, YH Fang, SY Chang, IT Hsiao*, Acceleration of MAP-EM Algorithm via Over-Relaxation. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. 2015 Mar;40:100-7.
16. YJ Tsai, HM Huang, CY Chou, WC Wang, IT Hsiao*, Effective Anatomical Priors for Emission Tomographic Reconstruction. Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering. 2015 Feb 35:52–61.
17. KY Wu#, IT Hsiao#, CS Chen, CH Chen, CJ Hsieh, YY Wai, CJ Chang, HJ Tseng, CY Liu, KJ Lin, Increased brain amyloid deposition in patients with a lifetime history of major depression: Evidenced on 18F-Florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) positron emission tomography. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. (Equal Contribution) Apr 2014. 41(4): 714-722.
18. IT Hsiao, YH Weng, WY Lin, CJ Hsieh, SP Wey, TC Yen, MP Kung, CS Lu, and KJ Lin, Comparison of 99m Tc-TRODAT-1 SPECT and 18 F-AV-133 PET Imaging in Healthy Controls and Parkinson’s Disease Patients. Nuclear medicine and biology. Apr 2014. 41(4):322-9.
19. SC Lin, KJ Lin, IT Hsiao, CJ Hsieh, WY Lin, CS Lu, SP Wey, MP Kung, TC Yen, YH Weng, In vivo detection of monoaminergic degeneration in early Parkinson disease by (18)F-9-fluoropropyl -(+)-dihydrotetrabenzazine PET, Journal of Nuclear Medicine.
20. IT Hsiao, YH Weng, CJ Hsieh, WY Lin, SP Wey, MP, Kung, TC Yen, CS Lu, KJ Lin, Correlation of Parkinson Disease Severity and [18F]-FP-(+)-DTBZ Positron Emission Tomography, JAMA Neurology. 2014 Jun 1;71(6):758-66.
21. KJ Lin, YH Weng, CJ Hsieh, WY Lin, SP Wey, MP Kung, TC Yen, CS Lu, IT Hsiao*, Brain Imaging of Vesicular Monoamine Transporter Type 2 in Healthy Aging Subjects by 18F-FP-(+)-DTBZ PET. PLOS ONE. Sep 2013. 8(9): e75952.
22. IT Hsiao, CC Huang, CJ Hsieh, SP Wey, MP Kung, TC Yen, KJ Lin, Perfusion-like template and standardized normalization-based brain image analysis using 18F-florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) PET, European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. Jun 2013. 40(6):908-920.
23. KL Huang, KJ Lin, IT Hsiao, HC Kuo, WC Hsu, WL Chuang, MP Kung, SP Wey, CJ Hsieh, YY Wai, TC Yen*, CC Huang*, Regional amyloid deposition in amnestic mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease evaluated by [18F]AV-45 positron emission tomography in Chinese population. PLOS ONE. Mar 2013. 8(3):e58974.
24. KT Chao, HH Tsao, YH Weng, IT Hsiao, CJ Hsieh, SP Wey, TC Yen, MP Kung and KJ Lin, Quantitative analysis of binding sites for 9-fluoropropyl-(+)-dihydrotetrabenazine ([(18) F]AV-133) in a MPTP-lesioned PD mouse model. Synapse, Sep 2012;66(9):823-31.
25. KL Huang, KJ Lin, MY Ho, YJ Chang, CH Chang, SP Wey, CJ Hsieh, TC Yen, IT Hsiao*, and TH Lee*, Amyloid deposition after cerebral hypoperfusion: Evidenced on [18F]AV-45 positron emission tomography. Journal of the Neurological Sciences. Aug 2012. 15;319(1-2):124-9.
27. PH Tsui, YC Shu, WS Chen, HL Liu, IT Hsiao and YT Chien, Ultrasound temperature estimation based on probability variation of backscatter data. Medical Physics. May 2012. 39(5):2369-85.
28. IT Hsiao, CC Huang, CJ Hsieh, WC Hsu, SP Wey, TC Yen, MP Kung, KJ Lin, Correlation of early-phase F-18 Florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) PET images to FDG images: Preliminary studies. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. Apr 2012. 39(4):613-20.
29. KJ Lin, WY Lin, CJ Hsieh, YH Weng, SP Wey, CS Lu, D Skovronsky, TC Yen, CJ Chang, MP Kung, IT Hsiao*, Optimal scanning time window for (18)F-FP-(+)-DTBZ ((18)F-AV-133) summed uptake measurements. Nuclear Medicine and Biology. Nov 2011. 38(8):1149-1155.
30. TC Wang, IT Hsiao, YK Cheng, SP Wey, TC Yen and KJ Lin, “Noninvasive monitoring of tumor growth in a rat glioma model: comparison between neurological assessment and animal imaging”, J Neuro-oncology. Feb 2011. 104(3):669-78.
31. CH Yao, KJ Lin, CC Weng, IT Hsiao, YS Ting, TC Yen, TR Jan, Daniel Skovronsky, MP Kung and SP Wey, “GMP-compliant automated synthesis of [18F]AV-45 (Florbetapir F 18) for imaging β-amyloid plaques in human brain”, Applied Radiation and Isotopes. Dec 2010. 68(12):2293-2297.
32. KJ Lin, YH Weng, SP Wey, IT Hsiao, CS Lu, D Skovronsky, HP Chang, MP Kung, and TC Yen, “Whole-Body Biodistribution and Radiation Dosimetry of 18F-FP-(+)-DTBZ (18F-AV-133): A Novel Vesicular Monoamine Transporter 2 Imaging Agent”, J Nucl Med. Sep 2010.51(9):1480-1485.
33. CM Huan, SH Lee, IT Hsiao, WC Kuan, YY Wai, HJ Ko, YL Wan, YY Hsu*, HL Liu*, “Study-Specific EPI Template Improves Group Analysis in Functional MRI of Young and Older Adults”, Journal of Neuroscience Methods. Jun 2010. 189(2):257-66.
34. KJ Lin, WC Hsu, IT Hsiao, SP Wey, LW Jin, D Skovronsky, YY Wai, HP Chang, CW Lo, CH Yao, TC Yen, MP Kung. “Whole-Body Biodistribution and Brain PET Imaging with 18F-AV-45, a Novel Amyloid Imaging Agent-a Pilot Study.” Nuclear Medicine and Biology. May 2010. 37(4):497-508.
35. IT Hsiao, YP Liao, H.L. Liu, “Study of Onset Time-Shift and Injection Duration in DCE-MRI: A Comparison of a Reference Region Model with the General Kinetic Model”. NMR in Biomedicine. May 2010. 23: 375–381.
36. CY Lin, YH Chang, KJ Lin, TC Yen, CL Tai, CY Chen, WH Lo, IT Hsiao, YC Hu. The Healing of Critical-Sized Femoral Segmental Bone Defects in Rabbits Using Baculovirus-Engineered Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Biomaterials. Apr 2010. 31(12):3222-30.
37. IT Hsiao＃, KJ Lin＃, SI Chang, TC Yen, TC Chen, TS Yeh, “Impaired liver regeneration of steatotic rats after portal vein ligation: particular emphasis on 99mTc-DISIDA scintigraphy and adiponectin signaling”, J. Hepatology, Apr 2010. 52(4):540-549.
38. HH Hsieh, IT Hsiao*. ” Image Reconstructions from Limit Views and Angle Coverage Data for a Stationary Multi-Pinhole SPECT System”, Tsinghua Science & Technology. Feb 2010. 15(1):44-49.
39. IT Hsiao*, HM Huang, “An accelerated ordered subsets reconstruction algorithm using an accelerating power factor for emission tomography”, Physics in Medicine and Biology. Feb 2010. 55(3):599-614.
40. KJ Lin, HL Liu, PH Hsu, YH Chung,WC Huang, JC Chen, SP Wey, TC Yen, IT Hsiao*, “Quantitative microSPECT/CT for detecting focused ultrasound induced blood-brain barrier opening in the rat,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology. Oct 2009. 36(7):853-861. *Corresponding author
41. IT Hsiao*, HM Huang, “A Fast OS-Type Bayesian Reconstruction with an Edge-Preserving Median Prior”, Journal of Instrumentation. Jul 2009. 4 P07012 doi: 10.1088/1748-0221/4/07/P07012.
42. HM Huang, IT Hsiao*, ML Jan, “Fast Iterative Reconstructions for Animal CT”, Journal of Instrumentation, Jun 2009. 4, P06017 doi: 10.1088/1748-0221/4/06/P06017.
43. PC Huang, CH Hsu, IT Hsiao, KM Lin, “An accurate and efficient system model of iterative image reconstruction in high-resolution pinhole SPECT for small animal research”, Journal of Instrumentation, Jun 2009. 4 P06007 doi: 10.1088/1748-0221/4/06/P06007.
44. CC Liu, CH Hsu, IT Hsiao, KM Lin, “Effect of geometric models on convergence rate in iterative PET image reconstructions”, Journal of Instrumentation, May 2009. 4 P05010 doi: 10.1088/1748-0221/4/05/P05010.
45. KJ Lin, CH Liao, IT Hsiao, TC Yen, TC Chen, YY Jan, MF Chen, TS Yeh, “Improved hepatocyte function of future liver remnant of cirrhotic rats after portal vein ligation: A bonus other than volume shifting”. Surgery. Feb 2009. 145(2):202-211.
46. CN Yeh, KJ Lin, IT Hsiao, TC Yen, TW Chen, YY Jan, YH Chung, CF Lin, MF Chen, Animal PET for Thioacetamide induced Rat cholangiocarcinoma –A novel and reliable platform. Mol Imaging Biol. Jul 2008. 10:209-216.
47. S Kulkarni, P Khurd, IT Hsiao, L Zhou and G Gindi, “A Channelized Hotelling observer study of lesion detection in SPECT MAP reconstruction using anatomical priors”, Phys. Med. Biol. Jun 2007. 52(12):3601-3617.
48. IT Hsiao*, A. Rangarajan, P. Khurd, G. Gindi, “An overview of fast convergent ordered-subsets reconstruction methods for emission tomography based on the incremental EM algorithm”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A, Dec 2006. 569:429-433.
49. KJ Lin, CY Liu, SP Wey, IT Hsiao, J Wu, IK Fu, TC Yen, Brain SPECT Imaging and Whole-Body Biodistribution with [123I]ADAM - A Serotonin Transporter Radiotracer in Healthy Human Subjects. Nucl Med Biol. Feb 2006. 33:193-202.
50. JJ Wang, R Deichmann, IT Hsiao, HL Liu, YY Wai, YL Wan, R Turner, R Ordidge. “Selective averaging for diffusion tensor measurement.” Magn Reson Imaging. May 2005. 23(4):585-590.
51. HS Chueh, JC Chen, IT Hsiao, YR Shieh, “Three Dimensional Cone-beam Reconstruction of Micro Computed Tomography in the Breast Specimen” Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering. Jun 2004. 24(2): 79-84.
52. P Khurd , IT Hsiao, A Rangarajan, and G Gindi, “A Globally Convergent Regularized Ordered-Subset EMAlgorithm for List-Mode Reconstruction”, IEEE Tran. Nuclear Science. Jun 2004. 51:719-725,
53. IT Hsiao*, A Rangarajan, P Khurd, G Gindi, “An Accelerated Convergent Ordered Subsets Algorithm for Emission Tomography”, Physics in Medicine and Biology. Jun 2004. 49:2145-2156.
54. MY Chang, CH Hsu, IT Hsiao, and PF Kao, “A Statistical Reconstruction Method for Post-Injection PET Transmission Imaging”, Annals of Nuclear Medicine and Sciences. Mar 2004. 17(1):21-28.
55. IT Hsiao*, YW Chang, WC Huang and KJ Lin, “Fast Statistical Image Reconstruction for Emission Tomography: Application to SPECT”, Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering. Jun 2004. 24(2):93-98.
56. Y Xing, IT Hsiao, and G Gindi, “Rapid Calculation of Detectability in Bayesian 2D SPECT”, Physics in Medicine and Biology. Nov 2003. 48:3755-3773.
57. IT Hsiao, A Rangarajan, and G Gindi, “A New Convex Edge-Preserving Median Prior with Applications to Tomography”, IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging. May 2003.22(5):580-585.
58. IT Hsiao, A Rangarajan, and G Gindi, “Bayesian Image Reconstruction for Transmission Tomography Using Mixture Model Priors and Deterministic Annealing Algorithms”, Journal of Electronic Imaging. Jan 2003. 12:7-16.
59. IT Hsiao, A Rangarajan, and G Gindi, “Joint-MAP Bayesian Tomographic Reconstruction With a Gamma-Mixture Prior ”, IEEE Trans. Image Processing. Dec 2002. 11(12):1466-1477.
60. H Lu, X Li, IT Hsiao, and Z Liang, “The Treatment of Noise in Low-dose CT Projections by K-L Domain Penalized Weighted Least-square Smoothing”, Chinese J. of Stereology and Medical Imaging Analysis. May 2002. 8(3).
61. IT Hsiao, and G Gindi, “Noise Propagation from Attenuation-Correction into PET Reconstructions”, IEEE Trans. Nuclear Science. Feb 2002. 49(1):90-97.
62. A Rangarajan, IT Hsiao, and G Gindi, “A Bayesian Joint Mixture Framework for the Integration of Anatomical Information in Functional Image Reconstruction”, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision. Jun 2000. 12(3):199-217.
63. SL Faris, DW Wilson, HH Barrett, D Dougherty, G.R Gindi, IT Hsiao “Using a computer model to build the best possible imaging system”, J.M. Boone, J.T. Dobbins, eds. Proce SPIE Medical Imaging-Physics of Medical Imaging. 1999. 3659:98-106.
64. D Dougherty, IT Hsiao, W Wang, and G Gindi: “Computerized Biological Brain phantom for Evaluation of PET and SPECT Reconstruction”, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science . Jun 1998. 45(3):1238-1243.
65. IT Hsiao, A Rangarajan, and G Gindi: “Joint MAP Reconstruction/Segmentation for Transmission Tomography Using Mixture Models as Priors”, Proc. IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference. 1998. 3:1689-1693.
66. A Rangarajan, IT Hsiao, and G Gindi: “Integrating Anatomical Priors in ECT Reconstruction via Joint Mixture and Mutual Information”, Proc. IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference. 1998. 2:1584-1588.
67. SJ Lee, IT Hsiao, and G Gindi: “The Thin Plate as a Regularizer in Bayesian SPECT Reconstruction”, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science. Jun 1997. 44(3):1381-1387.